- Course Code: UKVC18UNI
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.50 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Understanding the National Insurance Contributions System Certificate
In the UK, all employees aged 16 and over must pay National Insurance contributions, as do employers and the self-employed. However, few people understand why we make these contributions and how they are calculated.
This course will provide you with an overview of the National Insurance Contributions System, how it works, and why the amount a person pays varies as a function of their employment status.
You Will Learn:
- What National Insurance is, and its key purpose
- The different classes of National Insurance contributions as they pertain to employees
- Why employers make National Insurance contributions
- Why an employee’s pension scheme affects the amount of National Insurance their employer pays
- How to deduct National Insurance contributions from an employee’s wages
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are responsible for maintaining the payroll at work, this course will help you understand one of the most important deductions on any payslip
- If you are an employee, you may find it useful to understand how the National Insurance system works
- If you are self-employed, you will benefit from understanding how and why you may need to make two types of National Insurance contributions
- If you are a manager, this course will help you explain to employees how the system works if they ask you for an explanation
- By understanding how National Insurance contributions affect your entitlement to benefits in the future, you will be able to use the information in this course for the purposes of long-term financial planning
Who can take the Understanding National Insurance Contributions System Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Understanding National Insurance Contributions System Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.50 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.