- Course Code: UKVC18WAB
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Wages & Benefits Certificate
Every business must ensure that employees’ wages and benefits are handled in accordance with the law. There are numerous pieces of legislation in place to make sure workers are treated fairly and duly compensated for their efforts.
This course will introduce you to legislation and best practice surrounding key issues relating to wages and benefits including the National Minimum Wage, pensions, benefits and childcare allowances.
You Will Learn:
- What the National Minimum Wage is, who is eligible to receive it, how the PAYE system works and what should be included on an employee’s payslip
- The benefits and bonuses employees may receive alongside their wages and how these should be taxed
- What Statutory Leave Entitlement is, how it is accrued and how it is calculated
- How tips at work should be calculated, how they should be divided up among employees and how they are taxed
- The different types of pension schemes that may be offered in the workplace and employers’ obligations under the Pensions Act 2008
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are an employer, this course will help you meet your obligations under UK law
- If you work in HR or in a payroll department, this course will provide you with a useful insight into the law surrounding wages and benefits
- If you are an employee, this course will help you understand your rights with regards to pay and other benefits
- If you are interested in employment law, you will benefit from this overview of key legislation and best practice
Who can take the Wages & Benefits Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Wages & Benefits Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.