- Course Code: UKLC18BWT
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.75 hours
- Cost: £49.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Writing Skills Certificate
Communication can happen in many forms. Learning how to communicate effectively through the written word is the only way in which you can ensure that your message gets across, regardless of your purpose.
Writing skills are a key part of almost every job, regardless of industry, as well as being an important part of your personal life. Learning the skills that you need to communicate well using the written word can carry you a long way, both at work and in every other area of your life.
This course gives you detailed information regarding the importance of the written word, along with tips on how you can incorporate strategies for better writing into your daily life.
We begin by discussing e-mail, which is one of the most common forms of writing in the world.
We then move on to discuss business writing. While it may seem overwhelming, writing for business purposes is much easier than it initially appears.
Finally, we leave you with a few general writing tips that you can use any time you decide to put pen to paper or your fingers to the keyboard.
You Will Learn:
- How to write effectively in many different contexts
- The reasons why effective communication is crucial to your working life and your personal life
- Tips and tricks that you can use to ensure that your business and personal e-mails are read and responded to
- How long you are reasonably expected to wait for a reply to an e-mail
- Additional tips on how to write effectively, clearly and with purpose, regardless of context
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- Learning more about the prevalence of e-mail, along with tips on how to compose the perfect subject line
- Understanding the role of jargon in the workplace and when to avoid using it
- Learning the difference between professional, yet informal communication and unprofessional and informal communication
- Understanding the key pieces of information that you should include in all forms of business communication
- Learning writing tips that you can use in e-mails, business correspondence, personal correspondence and your more creative endeavours
Who can take the Writing Skills Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Writing Skills Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.